During our four months of closure, we spent time studying best practices and consulting with an epidemiologist to create the safest space possible for our staff and guests. This takes a partnership between all parties, just like out in our communities. Below are our commitments and expectations.
CORVINO SAFETY COMMITMENT
- We made a significant investment in Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization units located within our HVAC. This technology cleans the air of most virus and bacteria including COVID-19, and has been used since the mid-2000s in places like surgical units, food processing facilities, and airports.
- MERV13 air filters have been installed, a filter so fine that it traps microscopic virus and bacteria.
- Outside air intake has been increased to the recommended maximum of 30%.
- All employees wear masks at all times inside the building.
- All employees were tested before returning to work, and have agreed not to engage in high-risk activities outside of work. If they do, they understand they cannot return until retested negative.
- We implemented a Paid Sick Leave so hourly employees are not negatively impacted if they need to stay home because they feel ill, or they think they may have been exposed and are waiting on test results.
- We are currently seating at 55% capacity to keep parties 6’ apart. Additionally, chairs are arranged so staff may serve guests from in front of them.
- Employees clean their hands between every task, and every table.
- Hand sanitizer is available on all tables, bar seats, bathrooms, and communal spaces.
- High-traffic touch points like doorknobs and the restrooms are disinfected each hour during service.
- Pens are sanitized after each use, and tables are sanitized with disposable towels.
- We provide bags for guests in which to store their masks while dining.
- Vendors or outside persons are not allowed inside our kitchen, and incoming shipments are unpacked outside of our kitchen.
- This list is not all-inclusive, and changes as more scientific findings are released.
EXPECTATION OF OUR GUESTS
- In accordance with the Kansas City mandate, all guests are required to wear a face mask anytime they are not actively eating & drinking, or when not seated at their table.
- Thus, guests must wear a mask when speaking with staff, or with guests not within their party.
- Guests will share in a 5% covid surcharge that supports personal protective equipment, extra staff, and technology to keep their visit as safe as possible.
- Guests understand that when a reservation is made, we save that table especially for them. With many fewer seats, late cancellations or no-shows hurt us financially.
- Guests will use hand sanitizer throughout their visit, and wash hands when they use the restroom.
- Guests understand there may be fewer hospitality touches to reduce unnecessary interactions.
- Guests will be kind and patient with staff while we navigate these uncharted waters.