Since March 2020, we continually spend time studying best practices and consulting with an epidemiologist and physician to create the safest space possible for our staff and guests. This takes a partnership between all parties, just like out in our communities. Below are our commitments and expectations.
CORVINO SAFETY COMMITMENT
- We made a significant investment in Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization units located within our HVAC. This technology cleans the air of most virus and bacteria including COVID-19, and has been used since the mid-2000s in places like surgical units, food processing facilities, and airports.
- MERV13 air filters have been installed, a filter so fine that it traps microscopic virus and bacteria.
- Outside air intake has been increased to the recommended maximum of 30%.
- 100% of our staff is fully vaccinated.
- All employees wear masks at all times inside the building.
- We implemented a Paid Sick Leave so hourly employees are not negatively impacted if they need to stay home because they feel ill, or they think they may have been exposed and are waiting on test results.
- Employees clean their hands between every task, and every table.
- Hand sanitizer is available on all tables, bar seats, bathrooms, and communal spaces.
- High-traffic touch points like doorknobs and the restrooms are disinfected at regular intervals.
- Tables are sanitized with single-use compostable towels.
- Vendors or outside persons are not allowed inside our kitchen.
- This list is not all-inclusive, and is updated as more scientific findings are released. Additionally, we are under the advisement of an epidemiologist who works in public health.
EXPECTATIONS OF OUR GUESTS
- On August 2, 2021 Kansas City MO will re-enact a mandatory mask mandate, due to the low vaccination rate. We expect all guests, unvaccinated and vaccinated, to wear a face mask anytime they are not actively eating & drinking, or when not seated at their table.
- Guests will use hand sanitizer throughout their visit, and wash hands when they use the restroom.
- Guests understand there may be fewer hospitality touches to reduce unnecessary interactions.
- Guests will be kind and patient with staff while we continue to navigate these uncharted waters.